- Part Of:
- Line engraving; touched engraver's proof with chine-collé on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with
- Sheet: 7 × 9 1/2 inches (17.8 × 24.1 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 1/4 inches (15.2 × 21 cm), Chine collé: 6 × 8 1/4 inches (15.2 × 21 cm), and Image: 3 1/2 × 5 1/2 inches (8.9 × 14 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "too much one tone Ben venue too much is one strength too [...] and too dark | but much depends on the sky"; lower left: "No drawing [...] [...] [...] [...] about the [...] [...] which [...] a | only look to the sky and [...] is too heavy and [...]"; inscribed on verso in purple ink, lower right: "J.E, Taylor Collection. | 15.7.12 A.W."
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W Turner R.A."; lower right: "W. Miller"; lower center: "Edinburgh, Published by Robert Cadell: and Moon, Boys & Graves, London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hill | lake | landscape (environment)
- Associated Places:
- Loch Katrine | Scotland | Stirling | Trossachs
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Loch Katrine, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.