- Part Of:
- 1851 reprint
- Line engraving; reprint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 3 3/4 inches (16.8 × 9.5 cm) and Image: 3 3/4 × 3 1/4 inches (9.5 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.516"; lower right: "Reprint 1851"
Lettered above image, upper center: "THE | POETICAL WORKS | OF | SIR WALTER SCOTT BART"; lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "Henry Le Keux"; lower center: "Abbotsford | A & E BLACK, EDINBURGH 1851"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- estate | landscape (representation) | literary theme | river
- Associated Places:
- Abbotsford | Melrose | Scotland | Scottish Borders | Tweed
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Le Keux, 1787–1868, British, Abbotsford (Vignette), 1851 reprint
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.