- Part Of:
- 1851 reprint
- Line engraving; reprint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 3 3/4 inches (16.8 × 9.5 cm) and Image: 3 3/4 × 3 1/4 inches (9.5 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.516"; lower right: "Reprint 1851"
Lettered above image, upper center: "THE | POETICAL WORKS | OF | SIR WALTER SCOTT BART"; lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "Henry Le Keux"; lower center: "Abbotsford | A & E BLACK, EDINBURGH 1851"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- estate | landscape (representation) | literary theme | river
- Associated Places:
- Abbotsford | Melrose | Scotland | Scottish Borders | Tweed
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Le Keux, 1787–1868, British, Abbotsford (Vignette), 1851 reprint
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.