- Negadeh, 1:45 pm, 17 January 1867 (190)
- Watercolor with pen and gray and green chalk and gouache, over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 5/8 × 9 1/2 inches (9.2 × 24.1 cm)
inscribed in black ink, lower left: "1.45 PM. Nagadeh. 17. Jany. 1867"; in black ink, lower right: "(190)"; Verso: in graphite, upper left: "48 up | middle"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | boats | buildings | landscape | marine art | palm trees | river | river | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Naqâda | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Negadeh, 1:45 pm, 17 January 1867 (190), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.