Loch Achray (Vignette)
- Part Of:
- 1853 reprint
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 4 7/8 inches (20.3 × 12.4 cm) and Image: 3 1/2 × 3 1/4 inches (8.9 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: R.508"; lower center; "Reprint 1853"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "reprint 1853 from the 1834 edition of the Poems"
Lettered above image, upper center: 'The | Lady of the Lake | by | SIR WALTER SCOTT BART"; lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "M. Miller"; lower center: "But nearer was the copsewood grey | That waved and wept on the Loch Achray | ADAMS & CHARLES BLACK, EDINBURGH | MDCCCLIII."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape (environment) | literary theme | mountain
- Associated Places:
- Achray, Loch | Scotland | Stirling | Venue, Ben
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Loch Achray (Vignette), 1853 reprint
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.