The Tomb of the Horatii and Curatii
- Additional Title(s):
Drawing made in Italy and Asia Minor during Grand Tour
- between 1818 and 1822
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and brown wash on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 15 1/4 inches (25.1 × 38.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Tomb of Horatii & Curiatii, near Ti[...]"; "£40"; "110"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ruins | tomb
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis Vulliamy, 1791–1871, British, The Tomb of the Horatii and Curatii, between 1818 and 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.