Henry, tenth Earl of Pembroke and seventh Earl of Montgomery
- Additional Title(s):
Henry, 10th Earl of Pembroke and 7th Earl of Montgomery
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 18 3/8 × 13 1/4 inches (46.6 × 33.7 cm) and 16 3/4 x 13 1/16 inches (42.6 x 33.2 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on front, lower center: "Henry Earl of Pembroke."; in graphite, on front, lower center: "Henry Earl of Pembroke & Montgomery"; on back, in brown ink, upper right: "J.B."; in graphite, lower left: "Kv/uv/g 146"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds Pinxt"; lower right: "J Dixon, Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | belt | buttons | captains (military officers) | clouds | coat | cravat | curls | earl | gaze | horses (animals) | keys | man | nobleman | portrait | posing | sash | scarf | solemn | sword | tassels | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- Herbert, Henry, 10th Earl of Pembroke and 7th Earl of Montgomery (1734–1794), military/naval
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dixon, ca. 1740–1811, Irish, Henry, tenth Earl of Pembroke and seventh Earl of Montgomery, 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.