A Flower Piece
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint and etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/16 x 9 7/16 inches (34.1 x 23.9 cm), Plate: 12 15/16 x 8 7/8 inches (32.9 x 22.6 cm), Image: 11 3/4 x 8 7/8 inches (29.9 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#299"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "A. Green Pinxit."; lower center: "Published by R. Sayer, & J. Bennett, No. 53, Fleet Street, as the Act directs April 14th. 1779"; lower right: "B. Green fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cherry blossom | chrysanthemums | flowers (plants) | poppies | still life
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Benjamin Green, ca. 1736–ca. 1800, British, A Flower Piece, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.