A Flower Piece
- Mezzotint and etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/16 x 9 7/16 inches (34.1 x 23.9 cm), Plate: 12 15/16 x 8 7/8 inches (32.9 x 22.6 cm), and Image: 11 3/4 x 8 7/8 inches (29.9 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#299"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "A. Green Pinxit."; lower center: "Published by R. Sayer, & J. Bennett, No. 53, Fleet Street, as the Act directs April 14th. 1779"; lower right: "B. Green fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cherry blossom | chrysanthemums | flowers (plants) | poppies | still life
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Benjamin Green, ca. 1736–ca. 1800, British, A Flower Piece, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.