- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- 20 1/2 x 15 3/16 inches (52.1 x 38.5 cm), 16 1/8 x 12 inches (41 x 30.5 cm), 15 9/16 x 11 7/16 inches (39.5 x 29 cm), and 8 x 6 1/8 inches (20.3 x 15.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Jas. Ramsay"; lower right: "F. Bacon"; on back, lower left: "6//"
Marked with impression, lower left: "Print Sellers Association: JJA"; lower right, impression: "F. Turner New Castle on Tyne"
Lettered, lower center: "Thomas Bewick"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breeches | cane | city | cravat | fences | grass | hills | jacket | landscape | path | portrait | posing | road | top hat | walking
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Bacon, 1803–1887, British, Thomas Bewick, 1852
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.