- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, begie card with cream chine collé
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 12 7/8 x 9 15/16 inches (32.7 x 25.3 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 12 3/8 x 9 1/2 inches (31.4 x 24.1 cm), and Image: 8 1/8 x 6 13/16 inches (20.6 x 17.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Architect"' on back, in blue pen, lower left: "128"; lower center: "Architect | 1796-1860"; lower right: "128"; in graphite, lower right: "7/6 | L3"
Lettered, lower center: "DRAWN & ENGRAVED BY T. W. HARLAND. | Charles Barry (underlined) | T. W. HARLAND 31, CLARENDON SQ. EUSTON SQUARE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architect | coat | collar | cravat | man | pin | portrait | posing | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- Barry, Sir Charles (1795–1860), architect
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Harland, active early 19th century, Charles Barry, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.