- Part Of:
- Lithograph on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 15 x 11 1/16 inches (38.1 x 28.1 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 6 7/8 x 5 7/16 inches (17.4 x 13.8 cm), and Image (no border): 5 1/16 x 4 1/2 inches (12.9 x 11.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "James Burton"; lower right: "25a | James Burton"; on back, center right: "3/- | proof"; in blue ink, on back, lower left: "302"; in graphite, on back, lower left: "W. DRUMMOND (aft. E. V. Eddis)"; in blue ink, on back, lower center: "James Burton | Builder + architect | 1761 - 1837"; in blue ink, on back, lower right: "302"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bust | coat | collar | man | neckerchief | portrait | waistcoat
- Associated People:
- Burton, James (1761–1837), builder and developer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.