IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by unknown artist, ( A. B. ), John Constable, undated
- Additional Title(s):
Portrait of John Constable (1776–1837), Landscape Painter and Draughtsman
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 x 6 7/16 inches (25.5 x 16.4 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 x 5 7/8 inches (22.6 x 14.9 cm), Image: 4 x 3 7/16 inches (10.1 x 8.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Y"
Lettered, center, inside image: "AB"; lower center: "John Constable."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bust | coat | collar | gaze | man | painter | portrait | posing | profile | solemn
- Associated People:
- Constable, John (1776–1837), landscape painter and draughtsman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.