- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 5/16 x 12 inches (44 x 30.5 cm) and Image: 5 1/8 x 4 1/8 inches (13 x 10.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "5/"
Lettered, lower center: "F Chantrey | Drawn by Fairland from a pencil sketch by Weeks, made in the year 1839. | London, Published Decr 6th 1841, by M. M. Holloway, 14 Henrietta, St Covent Garden | Published by Fairlands, 45 St Johns Square"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | collar | man | middle-aged | portrait | profile | sculptor
- Associated People:
- Chantrey, Sir Francis Leggatt (1781–1841), sculptor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Fairland, 1804–1852, British, Francis Chantrey, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.