- John Burnet, Author of "Practical Hints on Painting"
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 16 x 11 7/16 inches (40.6 x 29.1 cm), Plate: 12 1/8 x 9 1/2 inches (30.8 x 24.2 cm), Sheet: 11 1/2 x 8 15/16 inches (29.2 x 22.7 cm), and Image: 7 7/8 x 7 1/2 inches (20 x 19 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "T"; lower right: "4/-"
Lettered, lower center: "John Burnet | Author of "Practical Hints on Paintin" &c | Engraved by Charles Fox from a Drawing by S P Denning | Pub.d Dec.r 1 1827, for the Proprietor, by Moon, Boys & Graves, 8 Pall Mall East. | et a Paris, Par Pieri Benard, Boulevard des Italiens"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | author | bust | collar | cravat | gaze | painter | portrait | posing | writer
- Associated People:
- Burnet, John (1784–1868), painter, engraver, and writer on art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Fox, 1749–1809, British, John Burnet, Author of "Practical Hints on Painting", 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.