Sir William Chambers
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 8 inches (27.3 × 20.3 cm), Image: 10 3/4 × 8 inches (27.3 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "44"; lower right: "4/ | 25A"
Lettered, lower left: "G. Dance R.A. del.t March 17, 1793"; lower center: "Sir William Chambers. | Published by Will.m Danuell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London Feby 1st, 1809"; lower right: "W.m Daniell Sculpt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architect | bust | collar | curls | man | obese | portrait | posing | profile | wig
- Associated People:
- Chambers, Sir William (1722–1796), architect
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Sir William Chambers, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.