Sir William Chambers
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to plate): 10 3/4 x 8 inches (27.3 x 20.3 cm) and Image: 10 3/4 x 8 inches (27.3 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "44"; lower right: "4/ | 25A"
Lettered, lower left: "G. Dance R.A. del.t March 17, 1793"; lower center: "Sir William Chambers. | Published by Will.m Danuell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London Feby 1st, 1809"; lower right: "W.m Daniell Sculpt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architect | bust | collar | man | obese | portrait | profile | wig
- Associated People:
- Chambers, Sir William (1722–1796), architect
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Sir William Chambers, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.