IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Edfu, 1867
- Watercolor, graphite, and pen and ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 2 7/16 x 6 1/16 inches (6.2 x 15.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and ink, lower left: "near Edfoo. 5.38.PM. Sunset. Jany 25.1867"; inscribed in pen and ink, lower right: "(229)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "57. up | next above lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | palm trees | river | river | sky | sunset | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Edfu | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.