- Additional Title(s):
- ca. 1771
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 6 5/8 x 4 3/4 inches (16.9 x 12.1 cm) and Image: 6 3/16 x 4 5/8 inches (15.7 x 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center left: "7/2 Herbert Pugh [...]"; center right: "the corner of Push"; lower center: "To Partes on paper | 7/3"; lower right: "3/25A"
Lettered, lower center: "MDARLY. P.O.A.G.B. | Pub. by MDarly Strand Jc"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breeches | canes | coat | cuffs | designer | illustration | man | obese | old | portrait | posing | printseller | ruffs | wig
- Associated People:
- Darly, Matthias (ca.1720–1780), designer and printseller
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Matthew Darly, active 1754–1778, British, Matthew Darly, ca. 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.