- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 6 x 4 1/2 inches (15.3 x 11.5 cm) and Image (oval): 4 5/16 x 3 9/16 inches (11 x 9.1 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower center: "Darley"; on back, in brown ink, lower left: "N16746"; lower center: "Darly"; in graphite, lower right: "5/ | Proof | 25A"
Lettered, lower left: "Pub Jany 1 177. by M Darly 30 Strand."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- circle | designer | man | obese | old | portrait | printseller | profile
- Associated People:
- Darly, Matthias (ca.1720–1780), designer and printseller
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Matthew Darly, active 1754–1778, British, Matthew Darly, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.