Gebel Es Silsilis
- Additional Title(s):
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/16 x 10 13/16 inches (5.2 x 27.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite; lower left: "Gebel Es Silsilis. 26' Jany. 1867. 11.30.AM." inscribed in pen with brown ink; over graphite, lower right: "(235)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "58[?] up next below top | M[hule?]; inscribed in graphite, center right: "165"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | palm trees | river | river | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Nile | Upper Egypt
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.