- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 19 15/16 x 15 13/16 inches (50.6 x 40.1 cm), 18 15/16 x 14 7/8 inches (48.1 x 37.8 cm), and 17 5/16 x 14 13/16 inches (44 x 37.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "30/- (encircled)"; on back, on attached sheet, lower center: "The 2nd State (inscription strengthened) See item No. 138, | p. 107/8, Br. Mezzotinters (Valentine Green) A. Whitman, 1902."
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "L. F. Abbott, Pinxit."; lower center: "VALENTINE GREEN. | Published Octr,, 16th; 1788, by V. & R. Green, Newman Street, Oxford Street, London."; lower right: "Seipsum Sculpsit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bust | coat | collar | cravat | man | portrait | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- Green, Valentine (1739–1813), engraver and publisher
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.