- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 15/16 x 15 13/16 inches (50.6 x 40.1 cm), Plate: 18 15/16 x 14 7/8 inches (48.1 x 37.8 cm), and Image: 17 5/16 x 14 13/16 inches (44 x 37.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "30/- (encircled)"; on back, on attached sheet, lower center: "The 2nd State (inscription strengthened) See item No. 138, | p. 107/8, Br. Mezzotinters (Valentine Green) A. Whitman, 1902."
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "L. F. Abbott, Pinxit."; lower center: "VALENTINE GREEN. | Published Octr,, 16th; 1788, by V. & R. Green, Newman Street, Oxford Street, London."; lower right: "Seipsum Sculpsit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bust | coat | collar | cravat | man | portrait | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- Green, Valentine (1739–1813), engraver and publisher
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.