John Hoppner, R.A.
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 18 11/16 x 12 5/16 inches (47.4 x 31.3 cm), 10 11/16 x 8 inches (27.2 x 20.3 cm), and 10 11/16 x 8 inches (27.2 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center right: "13"; lower right: "5/"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo. Dance del. Nov.r 10, 1793"; lower center: "John Hoppner R.A. | Published by Will.m Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London, March, 15, 1810"; lower right: "W.m. Daniell Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | braid | chair | collar | painter | portrait | posing | profile | sitting | wig
- Associated People:
- Hoppner, John (1758–1810), portrait painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, John Hoppner, R.A, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.