Sir George Hayter
- Etching and stipple engraving on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 15 1/16 x 10 15/16 inches (38.2 x 27.8 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 4 13/16 inches (13.9 x 12.3 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 5 1/4 x 4 1/2 inches (13.4 x 11.5 cm), and Image: 5 7/16 x 4 13/16 inches (13.8 x 12.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Sir Geo. Hayter 1792-1871"; on back, lower center: "4/-"
Lettered, center left inside image: "GHayter Se ipsum pinxit | 1822 et aqua forte fecit | Wolum Abbey,"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | collar | etcher | gaze | man | painter | portrait | posing | printmaker | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- Hayter, George (1792-1871), British painter and printmaker
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.