- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving, Engraver's proof
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R 571"
Lettered, lower center: "RIEVAULX ABBEY, | YORKSHIRE | From an Original Drawing by J.M.W. Turner, R.A. | Engraved by J.C. Bentley | London, Simpkin & Marshall, Stationers Court, & the Proprietor, 1, Cloudesley Terrace, Islington."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | bridge | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- England | North Yorkshire | Rievaulx | Rievaulx Abbey | Rievaulx Bridge | Rye | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph C. Bentley, 1809–1851, British, Rievaulx Abbey, 1834-1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.