- Shelaal, 2:30 am, 29 January 1867 (260)
- Watercolor with pen in black ink and gouache over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured wove paper mounted on thick, moderately texured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 3/4 × 10 3/4 inches (7 × 27.3 cm)
inscribed in black ink, lower left: "Shelaal. 2.30. PM. Jany 29 1867"; in black ink, lower right: "(260)"; Verso: in graphite, center: "173 | D. Gallup"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | figures | hills | landscape | palm trees | river | river | riverbank | rocks (landforms) | valleys (landforms) | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Aswan | Egypt | Nile | Nubia | Nubia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Shelaal, 2:30 am, 29 January 1867 (260), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.