Brussels from the Paris Road
- Watercolor, gouache, and scratching out on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 11/16 x 10 3/16 inches (17 x 25.9 cm) and Mount: 11 5/16 x 14 3/4 inches (28.7 x 37.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Brussels from the Paris Road | Brussels from the Paris Road"; in graphite, lower right: "8"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "T Boys 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Iola S. Haverstick
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | buildings | carriages | cityscape | horses (animals) | people | river | road | sky | trees
- Associated Places:
- België | Brussels | Europe
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, Brussels from the Paris Road, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.