John Robert Cozens, 1752–1797, British, The Bay of Naples from Capodimonte, Italy, ca. 1790
The Bay of Naples from Capodimonte, Italy
- ca. 1790
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 11 7/8 inches (20.6 x 30.2 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "67"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Iola S. Haverstick
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bays | buildings | clouds | Grand Tour | landscape | mountains | trees
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Naples | Napoli, Golfo di
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.