- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/16 x 5 5/16 inches (7.8 x 13.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(266)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "29 Jan '67"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | figures (representations) | landscape | river | river | riverbank | rocks (landforms) | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Nubia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Shelaal, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.