- Philae, 5:20 pm, 30 January 1867 (275)
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 9/16 x 7 1/4 inches (9 x 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Philae | 30 Jany 1867. | 5.20 PM"; in brown ink, lower center: "Tobacco on sand- | 2 feet high. [?] floweres- | also [vetehes | a Lupines?]"; in broen ink, lower right: "275"; Verso: in graphite, upper left: "75.up | Top right"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | river | river | rocks (landforms) | ruins | sky | structures (single built works) | temples | vegetation | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Philae
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Philae, 5:20 pm, 30 January 1867 (275), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.