Sir Godfrey Kneller
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 18 1/16 x 12 inches (45.9 x 30.5 cm), 13 15/16 x 10 inches (35.4 x 25.4 cm), and 11 15/16 x 9 15/16 inches (30.3 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "232"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Se Ipse Pinxt."; lower center: "Sr. Godfrey Kneller Bart. & Knt. of ye Roman Empire | Principal Painter to K. Charles 2d. James 2d. William 3d. 3. Ann & King George 1st."; lower right: "I. Faber fecit 1735."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | artist | cloak | cravat | frock coat | gesture | livery collar | medal | painting (visual work) | pendant | pointing | portrait | sword | wig | window | wings
- Associated People:
- Kneller, Sir Godfrey, baronet (1646–1723), history and portrait painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Sir Godfrey Kneller, 1735
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.