- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped to plate): 17 13/16 x 12 15/16 inches (45.3 x 32.8 cm) and Image: 16 x 12 13/16 inches (40.6 x 32.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "21/1 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Jac. Mc. Ardel delin. | 1765."; lower center: "R. Sayer Excudit. | JAMES MACARDEL, | Mezzotinto Scraper. | From a Drawing in the Collection of Richard Bull Esqr,, | London, Printed for Robt. Sayer, No. 53 in Fleet Street, Published as the Act directs 20 April, 1771."; lower right: "Richd. Earlom fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cravat | engraving (incising) | graver | man | portrait | robe | scraper (finishing tool) | self-portrait | tool
- Associated People:
- McArdell, James (1727/8–1765), mezzotint engraver
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, James McArdell, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.