A Girl Spinning Thread
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 5/16 x 10 1/4 inches (36.4 x 26.1 cm), Plate: 12 13/16 x 8 15/16 inches (32.6 x 22.7 cm), and Image: 11 5/16 x 8 7/8 inches (28.8 x 22.5 cm)
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, center, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Ph. Mercier. Pinxt."; lower center: "Rural Life."; lower right: "J. Faber fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- curls | distaff | figure study | genre subject | girl | gown | hat | rural | spinning | thread | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, A Girl Spinning Thread, undated