- Ticket for the Theatre Royal, Haymarket
- Between 1775 and 1800
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 x 6 1/2 inches (13.3 x 16.5 cm), Plate: 4 7/8 x 6 1/4 inches (12.4 x 15.9 cm), and Image: 4 3/4 x 6 1/8 inches (12.1 x 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower center: "Friday | 25 March | Messiah"; in pen and brown ink lower left: "117"; inscribed on back in graphite upper left: "No 12"; in pen and brown ink lower right: "5"
Lettered lower center: "Theatre Royal | Hay Market | on | the of | will be performed | An Oratorio | Boxes 5s."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket for the Theatre Royal, Haymarket, Between 1775 and 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.