Ticket to Westminster Abbey
- Additional Title(s):
Westminster Abbey, Admittance Either of the Following Days: May the 23rd, 26th, 28th, or 1st of June, 1791
- before 1791
- Engraving on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 8 3/4 × 5 11/16 inches (22.2 × 14.4 cm) and 6 7/8 × 5 11/16 inches (17.5 × 14.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, upper right, partly cropped off sheet: "No. 189 | Ra Goh Mi [cropped] | Evgr. | Jubverit[?]"; in graphite, on back, lower left: "Smirk invt"; on back, lower right: "1934 | Bartolozzi sculp | (IR31/1948b) | JW (initials in monogram)"
Lettered in black ink, upper center, within separate platemark: "WESTMINSTER ABBEY, | Admittance either of the following Days | May, the 23rd. 26th. 28th. or 1st of June, 1791"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bench | children | Christianity | clouds | costume | embracing | lion | man | music | musician | organ (aerophone) | oval | portrait | religious and mythological subject | spinet | unicorn | wings | women
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | London | United Kingdom | Westminster Abbey
- Associated People:
- St. Cecilia as patroness of music
the virgin martyr Cecilia of Rome; possible attributes: falcon, musical instruments, organ, wreath of roses and lilies
St. Cecilia making music and/or singing
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket to Westminster Abbey, before 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.