- Ticket for the Benefit of Mr. Giardini
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches (11.4 x 14 cm), Plate: 3 5/8 x 4 1/2 inches (9.2 x 11.4 cm), and Image: 3 1/4 x 3 7/8 inches (8.3 x 9.8 cm)
Inscribed in red chalk lower left: "Alma[...] 26th of May"; inscribed on back in graphite lower center: "Venus attended by Love & Music | 1601"
Lettered lower center: "G.B.Cipriani inv. FOR THE BENEFIT OF MR.GIARDINI F.Bartolozzi Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket for the Benefit of Mr. Giardini, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.