- Ticket for the Benefit of Mr. Giardini
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 5 1/8 inches (14.6 x 13 cm) and Image: 4 1/2 x 3 3/4 inches (11.4 x 9.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower right: "a"; inscribed in graphite lower center: "2190 | Love Inspiring Sappho to write an ode to Music | 142 [ . . . ] first proof"
Lettered lower center: "Publifh'd as the Act directs Feby. 4th. 1780"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket for the Benefit of Mr. Giardini, 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.