- Mrs. Abington as Thalia
- Etching and stipple engraving in brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 x 8 1/4 inches (26.8 x 21 cm) and Image: 9 1/4 x 7 3/16 inches (23.5 x 18.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "Proof | Jw | Juer 1617 | (IR31|1036b)"
Lettered, lower left: "R.d Cosway R. A. Delint"; lower center: "Mrs: ABINGTON | Pubd: 20. Augst: 1783. by F. Bartolozzi London."; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | bust | crook, shepherd's | flowers (plants) | garlands | hills | lyre | mask | monument | pearls | performance | pipes | religious and mythological subject | ribbon | roses (plant) | sandals | sash | skirts | stage | stream | tambourine | theater (discipline) | trees | woman | woman
- Associated People:
- Abington, Frances (1737–1815), actress
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Mrs. Abington as Thalia, 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.