- Francis Grose
- Stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 x 4 5/8 inches (19.4 x 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "215"; lower right: "C827IV"; lower right: "(IR31/827b)"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left: "[...]ce delin."; lower center: "FRANCIS GROSE ESQ.R F. A. S."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- antiquary | breeches | buttonholes | buttons | coat | man | pockets | portrait | ruffles | shoes | soldier | stockings | vest
- Associated People:
- Grose, Francis (bap. 1731, d. 1791), antiquary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Francis Grose, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.