Ticket to a Concert of Ancient Vocal and Instrumental Music
- Former Title(s):
Renascentur quæ jam cecidere
- Additional Title(s):
Concert of Ancient Vocal and Instrumental MUSIC. | Renascentur quce jam cecidere.
- Line engraving and etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 7 1/2 x 9 inches (19.1 x 22.9 cm), 5 3/4 x 7 3/8 inches (14.6 x 18.7 cm), and 4 3/4 x 5 7/8 inches (12.1 x 14.9 cm)
Inscribed in sepia ink, on back, upper center: "1783 | No.137 | Mr. Phipps" [Not in artist's hand]
Lettered, in black ink, center: "CONCERT | OF | ANCIENT VOCAL | AND | INSTRUMENTAL | MUSIC."; lower center: "Renascentur que jam cecidere."; lower left: "J. Dance inv."; lower right: "F Bartolozzi"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (chordophone component) | cello | concert | dresses | flûtes | frame (furnishing) | garlands | genre subject | harp | hills | horns | monument | music | trees | violins | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket to a Concert of Ancient Vocal and Instrumental Music, 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.