Ticket to a Concert of Ancient Vocal and Instrumental Music
- Former Title(s):
Renascentur quæ jam cecidere
- Additional Title(s):
Concert of Ancient Vocal and Instrumental MUSIC. | Renascentur quce jam cecidere.
- Line engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 9 5/8 inches (21 x 24.4 cm), Plate: 5 3/4 x 7 3/8 inches (14.6 x 18.7 cm), and Image: 4 3/4 x 5 7/8 inches (12.1 x 14.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[...] Dance [...]"
Lettered, in black ink, center: "CONCERT | OF | ANCIENT VOCAL | AND | INSTRUMENTAL | MUSIC."; lower center: "Renascentur [?quae] jam cecidere."; lower left: "N. Dance inv."; lower right: "F Bartolozzi"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | bow (chordophone component) | cello | concert | dresses | flute | frame (furnishing) | garlands | genre subject | harp | hills | horns | monument | music | trees | violins | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket to a Concert of Ancient Vocal and Instrumental Music, 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.