- Charles Earl Cornwallis, Lieutenant General of His Majesty's Forces, &c., &c., & c.
- Stipple engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 7 3/4 inches (26 x 19.7 cm), Plate: 6 5/8 x 5 1/8 inches (16.8 x 13 cm), and Image: 3 3/8 x 2 5/8 inches (8.6 x 6.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, "1847 Juer | 2/6"
Lettered, in black ink, center left: "Printed by HD. Hamilton"; center right: "Engrav'd by F. Bartolozzi."; lower center: "Charles Earl Cornwallis, | Lieutenant General of His Majesty's Forces, &c. &c. &c."; lower center: "London. Publish'd March 15th. 1781, for Watson & Dickinson No. 158, New Bond Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | buttonholes | buttons | coat | general | lace | lieutenant governor | man | officer (military officer) | oval | portrait | stock | vest | wig
- Associated People:
- Cornwallis, Charles (1738–1805), lieutenant-general
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Charles Earl Cornwallis, Lieutenant General of His Majesty's Forces, &c., &c., & c, 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.