Lady Gertrude, Marchioness of Halifax
- Additional Title(s):
Lady Gertrude (née Pierrepont) Savile, Marchioness of Halifax
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 x 5 5/8 inches (15.2 x 14.3 cm), Plate: 3 3/8 x 3 5/8 inches (8.6 x 9.2 cm), Image: 3 x 3 inches (7.6 x 7.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Juer 525"
Lettered, center, insde oval image frame: "LADY GERTUDE MARHIONESS OF HALIFAX"; lettered, lower left: "Sir P. lilli Pinx"; lettered, lower right: "F.Bartolozzi del et sculp."; lettered, lower center: "Published as the Act directs Novr.20 1776~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- circle (plane figure) | lady | marchioness | necklace | pearls | portrait | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Lady Gertrude, Marchioness of Halifax, 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.