Lady Gertrude, Marchioness of Halifax
- Additional Title(s):
Lady Gertrude Pierpont, Marchioness of Halifax
- Line engraving with etching on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 6 7/8 x 6 1/4 inches (17.5 x 15.9 cm) and Image (oval): 3 7/8 x 3 5/8 inches (9.8 x 9.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Lady Halifax"; in graphite, on back, lower center: "Gertrude Pierpont Mar' of Halifax | [...] 525 | Sir P Lilli Pinx- F Bartolozzi del et sculp | Proof JW"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- circle (plane figure) | lady | marchioness | necklace | pearls | portrait | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Lady Gertrude, Marchioness of Halifax, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.