- Between Derr and Ibreem
- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, pen and brown ink on thick, moderately textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 2 3/4 x 10 5/8 inches (7 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "7.AM. Feby 2. 1867. between Derr & Ibreem. (Damas.)"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(314)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "200"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | palm trees | river | riverbank | sand
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Nubia | Qasr Ibrim
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Between Derr and Ibreem, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.