The Church by the River
- Watercolor and graphite on very thick, smooth wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 8 3/4 inches (34.3 × 22.2 cm)
There is a label on the back of the frame which reads: "John M. Wiseman/Gilder and Picture Framer/Newport, R.I."
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "F.L. Griggs | 1912"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Adelaide C. Roberts and Alexandra C. Dane
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | church | dusk | figure | river | trees
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Frederick Landseer Maur Griggs, 1876–1938, British, The Church by the River, 1912
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.