- The Church by the River
- Watercolor and graphite on very thick, smooth wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 8 3/4 inches (34.3 × 22.2 cm)
There is a label on the back of the frame which reads: "John M. Wiseman/Gilder and Picture Framer/Newport, R.I."
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "F.L. Griggs | 1912"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Adelaide C. Roberts and Alexandra C. Dane
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | church | dusk | figure | river | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Frederick Landseer Maur Griggs, 1876–1938, British, The Church by the River, 1912
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.