IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Frederick Landseer Maur Griggs, 1876–1938, British, The Cross Hands, 1937
The Cross Hands
- Watercolor and graphite on very thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 × 6 1/4 inches (19.7 × 15.9 cm)
Label on the back of the frame which reads: "John M. Wiseman/Gilder and Picture Framer/Newport, R.I."
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "F.L.G. | 1937"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Adelaide C. Roberts and Alexandra C. Dane
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliff | clouds | landscape | rocks (landforms) | steps | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.