The Famous Bathing Pool at Hastings & St. Leonards
- Materials & Techniques:
- Sheet: 39 5/8 x 49 7/8 inches (100.6 x 126.7 cm)
Lettered, in large yellow type, on a gray border beneath the image, lower center: "THE FAMOUS BATHING POOL | AT HASTINGS ["T" in superscript] & ST LEONARDS | [in smaller green type] FREE BOOKLET FROM Q.P. INFORMATION BUREAU, HASTINGS CORRIDOR TRAINS & CHEAP FARES BY SOUTHERN RAILWAY"; [in tiny gray type in a white border around edge of poster] lower left: "SOUTHERN RAILWAY ADVERTISING"; center: "Ad. 2771 3500/1934"; right: "MC ["C" in superscript] CORQUODALE & CO. ["O" in superscript] LTD. ["TD" in superscript], LONDON".
Signed in blue, beneath image, lower right: "BY SPENCER PRYSE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965
- Copyright Status:
- © National Railway Museum / SSPL
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bathers | genre subject | swimming pool
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hastings | Sussex | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Gerald Spencer Pryse, 1882–1956, British, The Famous Bathing Pool at Hastings & St. Leonards, 1934
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.