The Famous Bathing Pool at Hastings & St. Leonards
- Sheet: 39 5/8 x 49 7/8 inches (100.6 x 126.7 cm)
Lettered, in large yellow type, on a gray border beneath the image, lower center: "THE FAMOUS BATHING POOL | AT HASTINGS ["T" in superscript] & ST LEONARDS | [in smaller green type] FREE BOOKLET FROM Q.P. INFORMATION BUREAU, HASTINGS CORRIDOR TRAINS & CHEAP FARES BY SOUTHERN RAILWAY"; [in tiny gray type in a white border around edge of poster] lower left: "SOUTHERN RAILWAY ADVERTISING"; center: "Ad. 2771 3500/1934"; right: "MC ["C" in superscript] CORQUODALE & CO. ["O" in superscript] LTD. ["TD" in superscript], LONDON".
Signed in blue, beneath image, lower right: "BY SPENCER PRYSE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965
- Copyright Status:
- © National Railway Museum / SSPL
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathers | genre subject | swimming pool
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hastings | Sussex | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Gerald Spencer Pryse, 1882–1956, British, The Famous Bathing Pool at Hastings & St. Leonards, 1934
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.