IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Woman Resting, 1945
- Additional Title(s):
Hero's Widow (No. 2)
- Line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/16 x 9 inches (28.7 x 22.8 cm), Sheet: 6 3/8 x 4 1/2 inches (16.2 x 11.5 cm), Image: 5 1/8 x 4 1/8 inches (13 x 10.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: R. P. 290"; lower right: "O6 14.E 4"
Lettered, lower center: "R S A"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "Robert Austin 1945"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith and Norman A. Zlotsky, Yale BS 1953
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belt | block | branches | buttons (fasteners) | cloth | coat | gaze | genre subject | gloves | ivy (plant) | kerchief | kneeling | labor | ladder | logs | resting | saw | shoes | widow | woman | working
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.