- Additional Title(s):
Hero's Widow (No. 2)
- Line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/16 x 9 inches (28.7 x 22.8 cm), Sheet: 6 3/8 x 4 1/2 inches (16.2 x 11.5 cm), and Image: 5 1/8 x 4 1/8 inches (13 x 10.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: R. P. 290"; lower right: "O6 14.E 4"
Lettered, lower center: "R S A"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "Robert Austin 1945"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith and Norman A. Zlotsky, Yale BS 1953
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belt | block | branches | buttons (fasteners) | cloth | coat | gaze | genre subject | gloves | ivy (plant) | kerchief | kneeling | labor | ladder | logs | resting | saw | shoes | widow | woman | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Woman Resting, 1945
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.