- between 1917 and 1918
- Etching and drypoint prints on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 15 13/16 x 11 13/16 inches (40.2 x 30 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 x 7 3/4 inches (24.7 x 19.7 cm), and Image: 9 3/4 x 7 3/4 inches (24.7 x 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Madeleine"; lower right: "E548 30-"; on back, lower right: "9/98 1/54"
Marked with engraver's blindstamp monogram, lower left: "WLH"
Lettered, lower left inside image: "W | LH | c (circled)"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et del"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith and Norman A. Zlotsky, Yale BS 1953
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloak | curls | flower (plant) | hat | patterns | portrait | robe | solemn | thoughtful | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, Madeleine, between 1917 and 1918
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.