- between 1917 and 1918
- Etching and drypoint prints on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 15 13/16 x 11 13/16 inches (40.2 x 30 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 x 7 3/4 inches (24.7 x 19.7 cm), and Image: 9 3/4 x 7 3/4 inches (24.7 x 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Madeleine"; lower right: "E548 30-"; on back, lower right: "9/98 1/54"
Marked with engraver's blindstamp monogram, lower left: "WLH"
Lettered, lower left inside image: "W | LH | c (circled)"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et del"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith and Norman A. Zlotsky, Yale BS 1953
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloak | curls | flower (plant) | hat | patterns | portrait | robe | solemn | thoughtful | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, Madeleine, between 1917 and 1918
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.