- Additional Title(s):
Woman Grooming her Hair
- between 1912 and 1916
- Drypoint prints and etching on thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/16 x 10 3/16 inches (34.1 x 25.9 cm), Plate: 6 7/16 x 6 5/16 inches (16.4 x 16.1 cm), and Image: 6 7/16 x 6 5/16 inches (16.4 x 16.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: -3 La toilette"
Marked in black ink, lower left, stamp: "5421"
Lettered, lower left inside image: "W | LH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et del"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith and Norman A. Zlotsky, Yale BS 1953
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathing | braiding | brushing | evening | genre subject | hair | morning | ribbons | solemn | stripes | thoughtful | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, La toilette, between 1912 and 1916
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.