IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, La toilette, between 1912 and 1916
- Additional Title(s):
Woman Grooming her Hair
- between 1912 and 1916
- Etching and drypoint on thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/16 x 10 3/16 inches (34.1 x 25.9 cm), Plate: 6 7/16 x 6 5/16 inches (16.4 x 16.1 cm), Image: 6 7/16 x 6 5/16 inches (16.4 x 16.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: -3 La toilette"
Marked in black ink, lower left, stamp: "5421"
Artist's monogram lettered inside image: "WLH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith and Norman A. Zlotsky, Yale BS 1953
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathing | braiding | brushing | evening | genre subject | hair | morning | ribbons | solemn | stripes | thoughtful | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.