- Abu Seer
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 5/16 x 9 7/8 inches (8.4 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Abooseer. 9.45.Feby.4.1867"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "(342)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "87 Longwise. | upper right"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "212"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | river | riverbank | rocks (landforms) | sand | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Abusir | Africa | Sudan
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Abu Seer, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.