Pantheum Romanum nunc Mariae Cognomento
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- between 1546 and 1590
- Line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to image): 14 × 17 3/4 inches (35.6 × 45.1 cm)
Lettered inside image, center: "M. AGRIPPA. L. F. COS. TERTIVM. FECIT. | Imp. Caes. L. Septimvs. Severvs. Pivs. Pertinax Arabicvs. Parthicvs. Pont. Max. Trib. Pot. XI Cos. Hi. PP. Procos. Te | Imp. Caes. M. Aurelivs. Antoninvs. Pivs. Felix. Avg. Trib. Potest. V. Cos. Procos. Panthevm. Vetvstate. Corrvptvm. Cvm. Omni. Cvltv. Restitvervnt"; lower left: "PANTHEVM. ROMANVM. NVNC. MARIE. COGNOMENTO | Rotvmde. vvlgo. Notvm. Ad. Antiqvam. | Svam. Effigiem. Et. Formam. Expressvm."; lower right: "NB. LOTARINGVS. | F. | Nicolo Van Aelst Bruxellensis | formis Rome."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | cityscape | lions | temple
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Pantheon (Rome) | Rome
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Nicolas Beatrizet, 1507 or 1515–ca. 1565, French, Pantheum Romanum nunc Mariae Cognomento, between 1546 and 1590
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.